top of page
Wedding Ring

Whoop! We love weddings!

To get married at St Peter’s you need to be an active member of the church, resident in the parish or able to demonstrate a connection to the church. The laws governing who is eligible to get married in a particular church were changed in October 2008 so that there are more ways you can prove a qualifying connection.

You are eligible to marry at St Peter’s if:

a) You live in the parish of St Peter’s. To check this click here and enter your postcode

b) You have attended St Peter’s regularly for over 6 months and can therefore
apply to be on the electoral roll.

c) You were baptised or confirmed in the parish.

d) Your parents or grandparents were married at St Peter’s.

e) You (or any of your parents during your lifetime) have lived in the parish for a period of more than 6 months

f)  You or your parents have regularly worshipped within the parish (either more than 3 times a year for many years or at least once a month for 6 months)

For further details on how to arrange a wedding and for costs, please contact us. If you do not qualify under any of the above criteria, there may be other options which would enable you to marry at St Peter’s. Please contact us directly and we will be able to advise you on possible ways forward.

Banns of Marriage

If you are getting married in another Anglican church but live in our parish, you will need to have your banns read in St Peter’s on three Sundays before your wedding (as well as the church in which you are getting married).  


We read banns on the first three Sundays of each month, in the month previous to the month in which you are getting married.  You are warmly invited to join us one Sunday to hear them being read but we do not require this! 

The cost is currently £41 (a fee set nationally by the Church of England).  To arrange to have your banns read at St Peter’s, please check you live in our parish (you can do that here) and make contact with us and we’ll be happy to help you.


bottom of page